The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the hotel’s facilities in accordance with Company’s mission, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and employee satisfaction within established quality standards. Facilities includes Maintenance, Grounds, Security and Housekeeping.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring high quality industry standard services from the respective functions under his/her responsibility, such that the guest experience and the products and services delivered are in compliance with our promise through the hotel’s marketing efforts.
- Ensuring that the Shareholder’s investment in the physical assets of the hotel (land, buildings, furniture and fixtures, equipment, inventory), is protected and enhanced through a professionally managed preventative maintenance and inventory/cost control program, as well as a well-organized security and safety operation. The desired visual aesthetic of the hotel must also be guaranteed at all times.
- Ensuring zero down-time by organizing a strict preventative maintenance program to include the stocking of adequate and relevant spare parts.
- Ensure that the hotel’s technology and data assets are protected through a professionally managed IT department with adequate data back-up and recovery procedures.
- Exercising strict control over the monthly operating costs and budgets, implementing cost saving initiatives particularly in the areas of purchasing, energy consumption, water utilization as well as all efforts to prevent theft/loss.
- Ensuring the company’s Security and Safety Guidelines are reinforced and implemented to guarantee the safety of guests and employees; also ensuring health and safety regulations are properly implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure the Company’s Disaster Management Plan is kept updated to include providing leadership in a crisis.
- Leading the team to achieve high levels of productivity, commitment and loyalty through a well-managed human resource programme consisting of well-defined responsibilities, effective work scheduling, competitive compensation, disciplinary framework and recognition/reward programme.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Project Management, Engineering or equivalent. Experience in plumbing, electrical engineering, Air Conditioning or previous experience in Facilities Management may prove advantageous. The Facilities Manager should have 3 years’ experience working at senior management level with strong written and oral communication. The ability to lead and work as part of a team are required attributes. It is a requirement of position to work on an on-call basis and rostered holidays and weekends.
We offer competitive pay and benefits and an opportunity to work with a very talented team. Compensation package will be commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Let us know of your interest by forwarding your Curriculum Vitae with photograph and two (2) professional references.
Client: Fort Young Hotel
Salary: Not Disclosed