Financial Accounting Supervisor - Reporting
Ensures that all required Annual Financial Reporting (Audited) and Quarterly Financial Reporting (Unaudited) are ready for submission, both to Bahamas International Securities Exchange and Securities Commission of The Bahamas before the required due dates.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and is responsible for the month end and quarter end closing cycle. Establishes schedule to ensure timely closing of books and reporting. Sends out reminders as necessary to company management to ensure all reports are submitted on time.
- Complies all financial reports including profit and loss, balance sheets, and income statements and distributes to the Financial Controller and Sr. Management. Creates ad hoc reports as necessary and as requested.
- Collects and reports on all company statistical data and provides monthly analytical reports to assist company management in understanding productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Complies revenue reports for company management to provide an understanding of revenue streams, opportunities and threats. Analyzes revenue to report on revenue growth and provides growth projections based on trends.
- Prepares all reporting packages and schedules used by Sr. Management related to Board presentations and financial analysis.
- Ensures that all audited financials are ready for submission as required to the appropriate government agencies by the required due dates.
- Ensures that all unaudited quarterly financial reporting is ready for submission as required to the appropriate government agencies.
- Supervision of Financial Accounting Reporting Team (Jr. Account & Accounts Clerk), and is responsible for ensuring the proper scheduling to support the closing schedule. Is also responsible for coaching and mentoring for improved performance and other supervisory responsibilities generally associated with departmental supervision. Approves the use of overtime as required for the Financial Accounting Reporting team.
- Responsible for the supervision and preparation of all monthly VAT filings. Ensures VAT fillings are prepared and available for submission by the VAT filling date which is the 28th day of each month.
- Joint responsibility for the maintenance of the Company Chart of Accounts. Creates new accounts as necessary to support the operations and strategy.
- Recommends internal controls. Provides internal controls and ensures that transactions have the appropriate checks and balances to prevent fraud.
- Month end inventory – Collaborates and coordinates the monthly inventory process and ensure inventory monthly balance reconciles with subsidiary balance, (Manager’s Plus/ACC PAC).
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting software - Acc Pac or Quick Books
- Skills in the use of spreadsheets - Excel
- Skills in creating reports
- Analytical skills
- Skills in mathematics
- Attention to detail
- Skills in planning and organizing
- Knowledge of accounting internal controls
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal communications skills
- Skills in business writing
- Decision Making skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- Experience of 3-5 years in professional accounting
- Bahamian Citizenship
- Supervisory Skills
- Experience in managing month and quarter end closing cycles
- Experience with Acc Pac accounting software
- Professional Designation preferred but not required
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Occasional duties performed in the operational environment, i.e. Inventory.
Client: Nassau Container Port
Salary: Not Disclosed