Manager, Enterprise Risk
Applicants must demonstrate the following combination of minimum academic qualification, experience, core and technical competencies for the position:
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Business Management or other closely related discipline.
- Seven (7) years working experience in a managerial role, preferably in a financial institution, with emphasis in enterprise-wide risk management.
- Extensive experience in investment and lending practices, loan underwriting and credit appraisal.
- Experience in the establishment of a risk management function.
- Strategic Thinking
- Integrity and Respect
- Compelling Communication
- Management Excellence
- Service Excellence
- Fostering Innovation and Leading Change
- A comprehensive understanding of and experience with the concept of risk and risk management at the enterprise-wide level supported by demonstrated ability to identify and analyze risks and apply sound risk management practices.
- Working knowledge of the investment framework of the Social Security Board and the requirements of the relevant governing legislation; understanding of risk and risk management within the context of SSB’s investment framework.
- Comprehensive knowledge of investment and lending practices, loan underwriting and credit appraisal.
- Skilled in applying the principles of prudent financial management, mathematics, statistics and economics supported by superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, business acumen and confidentiality in handling investment related information and records.
- Skilled at probing, fact-finding, discerning and uncovering issues, factors, challenges that are of vital importance in prudent risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and economic data and perform with insight in assessing the probability and severity of risk.
- Attention to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Proven project management skills and abilities that will support the development and leadership of project-based initiatives in enterprise risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization to foster enterprise-wide risk management thinking that will enable the realization of the desired risk management culture.
The Manager, Enterprise Risk is to lead the way in firmly establishing a culture of enterprise risk management thinking and behaviors in all functional, operational and service dimensions of the organization. As the leader in establishing the desired enterprise risk management culture, the Manager, Enterprise Risk ensures that proactive and comprehensive systems, strategies, frameworks, approaches, policies and standards are put in place to cultivate the kind of mindset and behaviors that are consistent with identifying, managing and mitigating risks as a means of ensuring strong business results.
Client Service Result:
Direct/lead the revision and/or establishment of risk appetites, risk tolerances, limits, policies and guidelines, identifying early warning indicators and exposures and making sound, proactive and practical recommendations for reporting, management and mitigation of risk.
Summary of Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Develop comprehensive Terms of Reference for development of SSB’s enterprise risk management framework.
- Undertake a review of SSB’s operating environment and its corporate strategy to identify significant exposures, define its risk profile and recommend policies, procedures and systems for risk identification, assessment, measurement, quantification, mitigation and reporting.
- Contribute to the development and formulation of SSB’s integrated risk strategy to align risk appetite with prudent risk management practices.
- Develop annual integrated risk management plan in line with SSB’s strategic plan and investment framework.
- Proactively monitor existing and emerging risks through research, insightful analyses and assessments of internal and external factors.
- Provide support, education and training to the SSB workforce to build risk awareness and risk management thinking throughout the organization.
Application Deadline: January 26th, 2018
IMPORTANT: Application package must contain Application Letter and Resume, two (2) letters of recommendation, copies of academic credentials (transcripts, diplomas, degrees, etc) and proof of other relevant accomplishments. Incomplete application packages may NOT be considered.
Applicants shortlisted for interview will be asked to present original academic credentials.
Client: Social Security Board Belize
Salary: Not Disclosed