Take advantage of an awesome opportunity to work in the beautiful paradise called The Bahamas with one of the nations leading construction companies.
At SMG Construction, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients’ best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of our company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle—it’s the people who make the difference. And at SMG, we strive to be the very best.
As a SMG Project Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects the project strategy and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
- Developing a purchasing schedule and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during construction.
- Executing each project phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout and post-construction services.
- Collaborating with Estimating and Purchasing in set up of projects to insure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the job.
- Working in partnership with the Project Forman to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
- Thorough completion of all financial data with an eye to quickly identify potential/existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance.
- Establishing annual performance goals for assigned staff and conducting timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
- Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
- Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making.
- 7+ years of experience in construction management with a general contractor
- Experience managing projects in the High End Residential
- Demonstrated success managing complex projects
- Experience in managing projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical
- Proven experience managing others is highly desirable
Client: SMG Construction
Salary: Not Disclosed